The Power of Habit is perfect for anyone trying to start the new year off right, this instant classic explores how we can change our lives by changing our habits.
The Power of habit summary
About the Author Charles Duhigg
- A reporter for The New York Times.
- Author of The Power of Habit, about the science of habit formation, as well as Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Productivity in Life and Business
- I’ve worked at the Times since 2006.
- In 2013, I was part of a team that won the Pulitzer Prize for a series about Apple named “The iEconomy”.
- Before that, I contributed to NYT series about the 2008 financial crisis, how companies take advantage of the elderly and national violations of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- (For those series, I won the National Journalism Award, the Investigative Reporters and Editors’ Medal, the National Academies’ reporting award and other recognitions.)
- I’m also a native of New Mexico. I studied history at Yale and received an MBA from Harvard Business School.
- I now live in Brooklyn with my wife and two children and, before becoming a journalist, was a bike messenger in San Francisco for one terrifying day
The formula of habit is:
- Get Free Amazon Unlimited Music
- Get 2 Free Audiobooks from Amazon
- Get Free Amazon Business Account
- Get Free Amazon Movies & TV Shows
- Get Free unlimited books
How to create new habit:
- Create a simple cue
- Execute the routine
- Make sure you get a great reward
How to break a bad habit:
- Identify your cue, people? Time ? object?
- Understand your routine and change it
- Create a new cue and routine
- Make sure you get a great reward for the new routine
Now you know why we do what we do in life and business..
More Power of Habit Related Book Summaries
- Book Summary: You Are A Badass By Jen Sincero
- Book Summary: Girl Wash Your Face
- Book Summary: How to Fail at Almost Everything Summary By Scott Adams
Get Free Book Summaries
No time to the whole book ? Let Us send you free Summaries Forever :)