The 15 Invaluable Law of Growth Summary
About the Author John Maxwell
- John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker
- sold more than 24 million books in fifty languages.
- Often called America’s #1 leadership authority,
- Maxwell was Identified as the most popular leadership expert in the world by Inc. magazine in 2014.
- Each year Maxwell speaks to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many of the world’s top business leaders.
- He can be followed at Twitter.com/JohnCMaxwell. For more information about him visit JohnMaxwell.com
Have A Growth Plan
- You need to have clarity
- You decide what you want to learn
- You need to plan your growth
There is no right time
- People don’t act as quickly as they should
- The longer you wait to do something, most likely you won’t do it
- You need to do it even though you are not ready
Don’t Be Afraid of making mistakes
- You need to fail forward
- A mistake is simply another way of doing things
- Be intentional on growing
- Expect to make mistakes
- Mistakes are signs that you are moving in the right direction
Don’t Find the best way before you start
- You need start making mistakes to find the best way
- You need to start doing before you get to see the big picture
- Everytime you progress, the bigger picture is slowly revealed
The Secret of Motivation
- Is just start doing the things you want
- Once you start doing motivation will come
- Motivation is a by-product like happiness and love
- Act yourself into feeling
- Start something and stick with it for 12 months and you’ll love it
How to be lucky
- Be prepared
- Have the right attitude
- Have the right action
Ask the right questions
- Where do you want to go in life?
- What direction do you want to go?
- How far you want to go?
The Secret to Success
- Do it now !!!
- Say DO IT NOW !!! 50 times before you go to bed and get out of bed
- LATER is the dream killer
Overexpose Yourself to Your Fears
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of being overextended financially
- Fear of what others will say or think
- Fear than success will alienate peers
You need to go out of your way to grow !!
9 Questions to find your purpose
- Do you like what you’re doing now?
- What would you like to do?
- Can you do what you would like to do?
- What talent, skills, opportunities do you possess that support your desire?
- Know the difference between what you want and what you’re good at?
- What drives you and what motivated you?
- Do your values and priorities align with your employer’s
- Know why you want what you want?
- Know what to do so you can do what you want?
Know Where you want to be
- Be aware of the choices you make today and tomorrow
- Write out the steps that is going to get you to where you want
- Keep changing the steps as you go along
- Keep tracking your every move
Know people who can help you
- Pay people for their time
- Meet people who can teach you every month
- Read their books
- Spend 2 hours preparing for every interaction
- Thank them
Pay The Price to Reach The Top
- Fight your laziness
- We are our own worst enemy
- Things worth doing seldom come easy
- You owe it to yourself to make your days here count
You think you are not ready to start doing what you like
- If you wait till you are ready, you may never do it
- You only get ready by starting
- It will be very difficult, but it will be the best feeling ever
The Power of Positive Self Esteem
- Low self-esteem puts a ceiling on our potential
- People never outperform their self-image
- Always think highly of yourself
- Be positive to yourself
- Never criticize yourself
- Always tell yourself you can do it
- Be Your Own Cheerleader
- Everytime you make a mistake, tell yourself it’s the price for growth
- Stop comparing yourself with others
- Compare yourself with your old selves
- Be encouraged by your progress
- Find your limiting belief and write an empowering statement to change that
- Feel valuable by adding value to others life
- Make a list of your best personal qualities
Take Time to reflect
- Pause and take a break
- Look back on your experience see what you can learn from it
- Find a quiet place where you can think
- Reflect and ask the right questions
Questions for Reflecting
- biggest asset?
- biggest liability?
- Highest high?
- Lowest low?
- Best habbit?
- Worst habbit?
- Most useful emotions
- Useless emotions?
Questions for Relationship Growth
- Do I value people?
- Do people know I value them?
- How do I show it?
- What evidence I have to confirm my opinion
- How can I help people more?
- Is there someone I should forgive?
- Who should I thank?
- Who should I invest time more on?
Be consistent to conquer your destiny
- Match motivation to your personality type
- Start small and simple
- Attempting to much will lead to disappointment
- Taking small steps every day
- Scraping of the mountain spoon by spoon
- Set small daily goals
- Annual goals are reach by completing daily goals
- The compounding effect of daily achievements will shine
- Change your daily habits
- Consistently complete small daily goals
- Don’t wait for inspiration
The Why Test
- Do you procrastinate to do stuff?
- Do you need coaxing to do your job?
- Do you do your duty just to get by?
- Do you perform duties to get by?
- Do you constantly talk negatively about your work?
- Do you start small project and abandon them?
Compile a list of whys to help you stay motivated
Change your environment to grow
- People grow according to their environment
- Flock with people who are better than you
- Walk with the wise and become wise
- We are the average of the 5 people we hang around most
- Find an accountability partner
How to Learn from People questions
- What are their strength?
- What are they learning?
- What do you need right now?
- Who have they met?
- What have they read?
Why focus on the Moment
- The happiest moment is now, not the past
- Don’t worry about the future you can’t control
- Focus on the now that you can control
How to Overcome Criticism
- Do what others believe you cannot do
- Do what you believe you cannot do
- Most people underestimate themselves
- They will always be people telling you that you are wrong
Design your life
- Life is not a rehearsal, there’s no warming up!
- Design your career
- Always allocate more time than expected for plans
- Know that things don’t always come as planned
- Approach things strategically
- Create systems for doing things
How to create an effective system
- Take into account of big picture, the end goal
- Organize your time
- Measure and track your time and result
- Measurement is the key to improvement
- The secret of success is the right daily routine
More Related Book Summaries
- Book Summary: You Are A Badass By Jen Sincero
- Book Summary: Girl Wash Your Face
- Book Summary: How to Fail at Almost Everything Summary By Scott Adams
Get Free Book Summaries
No time to the whole book ? Let Us send you free Summaries Forever :)