Unshakeable Tony Robbins Book Review:
- Awesome advice on stock market
- Provided many good examples to elaborate his points
- Great guide on how to choose your financial advisor
- Teaches you the secret of of true happiness
- Highly recommended !
Unshakeable Tony Robbins Author Summary:
- Tony is an American author, entrepreneur, philanthropist and life coach
- He is known for his infomercials, seminars, and self-help books including Unlimited Power and Awaken the Giant Within
- Tony is the founder of several companies that earn around $6 billion in annually
- In 2015 and 2016 he was listed on the Worth Magazine Power 100 list
Unshakeable Tony Robbins Book Quotes:
- On average, there’s been a market correction every year since 1900 .Less Than 20% of All Corrections Turn Into a Bear Market
- “The only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good.”
- Historically, bear markets have happened once every three to five years
- “The best opportunities come in times of maximum pessimism.”
- What matters most isn’t where the economy is right now but where it’s headed.
- “Think of fees like termites: they’re tiny, they’re barely noticeable, and they can eat away your f———g future.”
- “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”
- LIFE IS JUST TOO SHORT TO SUFFER.
Book Summary: Unshakeable Tony Robbins
Robbins carefully and thoughtfully shows how you can be the master of your investment fate instead of sitting fearfully on the sidelines
In free markets, you succeed only by providing a product or service that others want—that is, you prosper by meeting the needs and wants of others.
Will this sage book make Tony Robbins rich? No. All the proceeds are going to Feeding America, which provides free meals to those who need them.
- Is it really money you’re chasing, or is it the feelings that you think money can create?
- Many of us believe—or fantasize—that money will bring us to a point where we finally feel free, secure, excited, empowered, alive, and joyful.
- But the truth is, you can achieve that beautiful state right now, regardless of your level of material wealth. So why wait to be happy?
- The real route to riches is to set aside a portion of your money and invest it, so that it compounds over many years.
- On average, there’s been a market correction every year since 1900
- Historically, the average correction has lasted only 54 days—less than two months!
Less Than 20% of All Corrections Turn Into a Bear Market
Nobody Can Predict Consistently Whether the Market Will Rise or Fall
The Stock Market Rises over Time Despite Many ShortTerm Setbacks
- Despite a 14.2% average drop within each year, the US market ended up with a positive return in 27 of the last 36 years.
- Historically, bear markets have happened once every three to five years
- Bear markets don’t last. They varied widely in duration, from a month and a half (45 days) to nearly 2 years (694 days). On average, they lasted about a year.
Sitting on the sidelines even for short periods of time may be the costliest mistake of all
- Excessive fees can destroy two-thirds of your nest egg!
- “When you look at the results on an after-fee, aftertax basis, over reasonably long periods of time, there’s almost no chance that you end up beating the index fund.”
- An actively managed fund that charges you 3% a year is 60 times more expensive than an index fund that charges you 0.05%!
A worker who earns about $90,000 a year would lose $277,000 in 401(k) fees.
“Think of fees like termites: they’re tiny, they’re barely noticeable, and they can eat away your f———g future.”
Many of the funds you get to choose from in your 401(k) plan are on the list only because the fund company paid the provider to include them! These funds tend to be actively managed, so they’re expensive.
Whether you are a business owner or an employee, you can see how your company’s 401(k) plan stacks up by using his free online Fee Checker tool at www.ShowMeTheFees.com
Seven key questions to ask any Financial Advisor:
Are You a Registered Investment Advisor?
- If the answer is no say goodbye
Are You (or Your Firm) Affiliated with a Broker-Dealer?
- If yes.. run for your life
Do You or Your Firm Receive Any Third-Party Compensation for Recommending Particular Investments?
- If Yes.. run for your life
What’s Your Philosophy When It Comes to Investing?
- If he or she says they can best the market…Run For your life
What Financial Planning Services Do You Offer Beyond Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management?
- You want someone who can offer tax, business and estate planning as well
Where Will My Money Be Held?
- A fiduciary advisor should always use a third-party custodian to hold your funds
- The best investors are obsessed with avoiding losses.
- The more money you lose, the harder it is to get back to where you started.
- Seek to risk as little as possible to make as much as possible.
- Diversify across different asset classes
- Diversify within asset classes
- Diversify across markets, countries, and currencies around the world
- Diversify across time. You’re never going to know the right time to buy anything.
Owning 15 uncorrelated investments, you can reduce your overall risk by about 80%and you’ll increase the return-to-risk ratio by a factor of five. So, your return is five times greater by reducing that risk
On average, the market is down about one in every four years.
The stock market is entirely unpredictable, despite the claims of “experts” who pretend to know what’s going on! In January 2016, the S&P 500 suddenly sank 11%; then it made a U-turn and rose nearly as rapidly.
Nothing reflects economic expansion better than the stock market.
Bad news is an investor’s best friend
“Over the long term, the stock market news will be good.”
80% of success is psychology and 20% is mechanics.
Ask better questions and find qualified people who disagree with you
“The biggest mistake that the small investor makes is to buy when the market is going up on the assumption that the market will go up further—and sell when the market is going down on the assumption that it’s going to go down further.”
Regularly rebalance your portfolio once a year.
We consistently overestimate our abilities, our knowledge, and our future prospects.
Men are especially prone to overconfidence when it comes to investing! In fact, men traded 45% more than women, reducing their net returns by 2.65% a year!
“The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”
The single best way to handle market turmoil—and the fears it can trigger—is to be prepared for it.
- Real wealth is emotional, psychological, and spiritual.
- To Achieving Anything You Want Is Focus. wherever your focus goes, your energy flows
- Go Beyond Hunger, Drive, and Desire, and to Consistently Take Massive Action.
- The secret to happiness in one word: progress.
“You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.”
We’re driven by our desire to contribute
A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
- The human brain isn’t designed to make us happy and fulfilled. It’s designed to make us survive.
- The mental and emotional state in which you live is ultimately the result of where you choose to focus your thoughts.
- Focusing on loss of something of value will make you suffer
- Thinking that you have less or will have less will make you suffer
- Thinking that you will never have something will make you suffer
- Our lives are shaped not by our conditions, but by our decisions.
By shifting your focus to appreciation, you slow down your survival mechanism.
Find something to serve, a cause you can be passionate about that’s greater than yourself, and this will make you wealthy.
It’s not just money that you can donate. You can also give your time, your talent, your love, your compassion, your heart.
Unshakeable Tony Robbins Amazon:
More Investment & Happiness Book Summaries:
Get Free Book Summaries
No time to the whole book ? Let Us send you free Summaries Forever :)